Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chicago...

"Chicago Skyline"
Terry Ziegelman
Copyright 2009
All rights reserved.



I went to visit my twin brother in Chicago for Rosh Hashana. It was wonderful to see him, Sarah, my niece Sadie and nephew Max. I had time to really hang out with them and daaaammmnn, kids are exhausting!! And they EVEN have a wonderful nanny to help out! All honors to the single parents out there...My trip also seemed to emphasize the importance of being a team when you raise your kids from who's going to cook and clean to who will be taking the kids to school tomorrow. Very eye opening for sure...

As for the painting, I wanted to go to some place close by, and this was a fairly convenient spot for a skyline view. Being a completely overcast day used to dissuade me from painting because if there are no real shadows, what's the use? But now when I see an overcast day, I think, "no need to chase the light! Woohooo!" Besides, I really liked the fact that the fog began to obscure the view of the really tall sky scrapers.

Overall, I was fairly pleased with the looseness of the piece. A skyline can be very daunting, so a looser painting was the only way for me to approach the subject matter. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment