Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!!

So for Thanksgiving I went to Columbia, MD with Jen. I always enjoy her parents' company and the deep fried turkey is amazing! In addition, they have a lake with some beautiful scenery behind their house. As a matter of fact, quite a few of the en plein paintings posted on this blog are from there. I brought my easel and paints (of course!) and had to do a painting. Truth be told, I attempted 3 paintings but only one I deem worth showing. Since I seemed to be in a painting slump of sorts, with a few crappy paintings as of late, I decided to pick a simple subject matter and just do it right. Back to the basics. Focal point, warm/cool, etc. It was cold and made me yearn to paint in the warmth of the California sun!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the color in this piece. The trees seem effortlessly placed with quick brush strokes which gives it a really great loose feel. I like how you simplified the background trees into that soft colored area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments! Very descriptive and accurate! :)

    ReplyDelete